Saturday, August 26, 2006

Back to Basics

How articulate this Regular Guy is.
 
I believe that human life is precious above all other life. Each life lost before its time is a tragedy. More simply, most death is a Bad Thing, to be prevented, avoided, or postponed whenever possible.

I believe that life begins at conception, because it is only at conception that something new, which never existed before, comes into existence.

I believe that abortion is the intentional taking of an innocent human life, and that that is always wrong.

I believe, with the overwhelming majority of humankind throughout history, that marriage is the permanent union of one man and one woman.

I believe that the essential purpose of marriage is the procreation and proper rearing of the next generation. Homosexual relationships cannot accomplish this purpose, and therefore cannot be "marriages".

I believe that men and women are complementary, not equal.

I believe in the authentic teachings of the Catholic Church, including its teachings on the nature of God and divine revelation, as regards moral conduct including sexual morality, and as regards its own role in salvation history.

I believe that individuals and societies are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, and that among these are life, liberty, self-defense, and the pursuit of happiness. I do not believe that unalienable rights can be surrendered except for the protection of other individuals or society. One cannot more properly commit suicide than sell oneself into slavery.

I believe that the principles stated in the American Declaration of Independence are trustworthy and true.

I believe that when people of goodwill disagree, or find their legitimate interests to be in conflict, that peaceful negotiation and compromise is the best solution.

I believe that the widespread denial of these principles in any society endangers that society.
 
Brilliant!
 

 

No comments: