Thursday, September 04, 2008

What Where When Meme

Stolen from Father Richtsteig at Orthometer

1. President Kennedy's Assassination - 22 November 1963

I was in second grade and was surprised to see my teacher crying

2. England's World Cup Semi Final v Germany - 4 July 1990

I have no idea...

3. Margaret Thatcher's resignation - 22 November 1990

I don't know where I was, but I remembered being disappointed.

4. Princess Diana's death - 31 August 1997

I was saddened by her untimely death. It seemed like she was finally experiencing some happiness in her life. I did watch the funeral, etc that Saturday morning and my then-6-year-old daughter wasn't happy that she had to miss her cartoons because of this...

5. Attack on the twin towers - 11 September 2001

I had just left the IT business to start a home-based business. I was listening to the radio, a talk show on WRKO and one of the hosts said that a plane crashed into the WTC. In Boston, we have a tiny office building called the World Trade Center and that's the one I thought they meant. So, I turned on the TV and a few minutes later saw a second plane crash into the WTC towers in New York.

6. The election of Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger to the papacy - 19 April 2005

Given that I had just come back into the Church a few weeks earlier, I was excited to be working from home and watching EWTN when this was announced. Cardinal Ratzinger was the one I was hoping for...

No comments: