My first meme! I was memed today by Jayne of So Many Devotions So Little Time.
CATHOLIC DEVOTIONS MEME
1. Favorite devotion or prayer to Jesus?
I just recently started saying the Divine Mercy Chaplet but the one I say most often is the Litany of Humility (it's the one I need the most).
2. Favorite Marian devotion or prayer?
I love the Memorare but I still don't have it memorized.
3. Do you wear a scapular or medal?
Yes, the Brown Scapular (Our Lady of Mount Carmel). The one I bought came with the Miraculous Medal.
4. Do you have holy water in your home?
As a general rule - no. But I brought some home from church to bless the Advent Wreath. I want to buy at least one font soon.
5. Do you 'offer up' your sufferings?
When I think of it, yes.
6. Do you observe First Fridays and First Saturdays?
I just started the First Friday devotion in December. We'll see how I do!
7. Do you go to Eucharistic Adoration? How frequently?
Yes, my parish has it weekly on Saturdays from 9:30 am to 2:45 pm but I've only been able to get there once a month or so...
8. Are you a Saturday evening Mass person or Sunday morning Mass person?
I go to the 7:30 a.m. Mass on Sunday.
9. Do you say prayers at mealtime?
No unfortunately. I'm going to try and change this in 2007.
10. Favorite Saint(s)?
11. Can you recite the Apostles Creed by heart?
12. Do you usually say short prayers (aspirations) during the course of the day?
Sometimes, not often enough but when I do it's usually "Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner".
13. Bonus Question: When you pass by a automobile accident or other serious mishap, do you say a quick prayer for the folks involved?
Yes, I say a Hail Mary for them.
Thanks Jayne for forcing me to post another entry! I hope to blog more in 2007 (I'm already putting a lot of pressure on myself for next year, aren't I?)
I shall pass the meme baton to Dom of Bettnet, Kelly of The Lady in the Pew and Jen of Jenny Sais Quoi.