Monday, July 14, 2008

What have we done?!

Since I've come back to the Church (in 2005) after being a C&E Catholic (Christmas and Easter) for so many years, I keep tacking more and more to the trad side of the liturgical spectrum. One of the latest posts on Father Zuhldorf's blog, What Does the Prayer Really Say, really brings it home for me just how much has been lost in the past 40 or so years. The post, Review of Worship as a Revelation discusses several topics, including why we should receive Holy Communion on the tongue.

A priest had the question, why is it okay to receive on the tongue but
not on the hand. The tongue hasn't been consecrated, has it?

Yes, it has...

At least in the old Rite of Baptism, the tongue was consecrated.

I don't know about you but it horrifies me that someone "improved"; the Rite of Baptism and removed that part of the Rite.

What have we done?!

I am so incredibly tired of the "improvements" made to all aspects of the SACRAMENTS.

Let's tweak the motto 'Save the Liturgy, Save the World';

Save the Sacraments, Save the World!

3 comments:

Scelata said...

Bravo!

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)

owenswain said...

Man, nothing worse than an ex-smoker except of course an ex-NO. {wink} and convertst (like me) who think they know it all.

(I'm in a silly mood today)

Lynne said...

Well, I'm an ex-smoker and ex-NO so that explains my post, eh?

lol